You enjoy playing Backgammon? It's even more fun together with friends! Make up a team of three players and join the competition! The teams play each other in a league or round robin system.
Season 05/2005 will start on Sep 12th. Registration is open until Sep 11th.
The Winner of TEAM league season 04/2005 is
Team gnubg-3ply !
Team gnubg-3ply won Team League season 04/2005. After a tight race with up to 5 teams having a chance to win, team gnubg-3ply prevailed over teams The_Arc and DreamTeam. Between these two teams a photo finish decided the second place.
Congratulations to all!
New teams may register any time for the next season.
- Find two friends. (A team consists of three people.) For finding other players who would like to join a team I have started a topic on FibsBoard where you can get in touch with each other.
- Agree on a team order, i.e. who will play on no. 1, 2 and 3. Best go by ratings, but you can choose any order you like.
- Decide who is captain. The captain is responsible for all team actions and the communication with the tournament host.
- Register each team member and the team on GammonLeague and sign up for the upcoming season.
- Wait for the new league to begin, have fun and enjoy your matches! :-)
The tournament rules cannot, and are not intended to, cover every possible situation that may arise during the course of a match or is otherwise related to the tournament. All decisions of the tournament director will be final.
- Every team consists of three players.
- Every team has to state a team captain who will be responsible for all team actions.
- Before the start of a season the team has to decide on who will play on position no. 1, no. 2 and no. 3.
- Throughout the entire season this order remains fixed.
- Players at the same position of the opposing teams will play each other. (#1 vs. #1, #2 vs. #2, #3 vs. #3)
- Depending on the participating teams there will be one or more divisions. If there is more than one divison the overall winning team will be determined by play-off matches between the winner of every division.
- Within every division the teams play once every other team in this division.
- The match length for all matches is 5 points.
- Points are awarded as following: For every played individual match both teams receive 1 team point, irrespective of the outcome. The team of the winner receives 1 match point (per individual match). A team win is achieved by winning at least 2 of the 3 matches between 2 teams. The winning team scores 2 additional team points, the losing team none.
- Teams will be ranked according to a) team points, b) match points, c) outcome of the direct match.
- All matches have to be played until the specified date.
- Every player is responsible for scheduling her/his own matches.
- Contact your opponents early.
- Contacting your opponents should primarily be done by e-mail. Do not rely on FIBS messages or chats.
- If you can't find out the mail address of your opponent, contact the captain of her/his team.
- If your opponent doesn't respond to your contacting mail within a week, write another and include "tryout.fibs (at) gmx.net" in CC:.
- If there's no reply I will award the match at the end of a season to the player who made a reasonable effort in trying to contact her/his opponent.
It's not possible to award forfeits if I didn't get a CC:ed contact mail. FIBS messages are not provable and thus not enough.
- Nobody will get any points in case neither player has sent any mail.
Have fun and be fair and courteous!
Contact: tryout on FIBS or via e-mail "tryout.fibs (at) gmx.net"
Last updated on Sep 5th, 2005.